FIVE FUN FAMILY ACTIVITIES TO DO THIS MARCH BREAK
Wednesday Mar 16th, 2022
After a long and dreary winter things are starting to look up! Spring is around the corner and our lives are beginning to get back to "normal". Mask mandates and Covid restrictions are easing next week and people are coming together. We thought it would be fun to share some special events that are taking place around town this week. With that being said, here are Five Fun Family activities to get you out and about in Toronto over March Break.
1) Ripley's Aquarium: Featuring over 450 species of fish, including sharks and turtles, Ripley’s Aquarium has extended their hours for March break — they open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. from March 12 to 20. Admission starts at $12.50 for children and $43 for adults.
2) St. Patrick's Parade: Toronto’s famous St. Patrick’s Day parade returns on March 20 to celebrate Irish culture. The parade starts near St. George subway station at St. George and Bloor St West and ends at Nathan Phillips Square. The parade is a free event and runs from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
3) Ontario Science Center: This year there is an insect-themed exhibit called ‘Bug Lab’ that allows visitors to see the world through a bug’s eyes. There is also the ‘Behind Racism: Challenging the Way We Think’ exhibition for those who want to learn about discrimination and how to challenge it. The Ontario Science Center will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from March 12 to 20. Admission for children starts at $13 and adults starting at $22. There are separate tickets required for IMAX.
4) Toronto Waterfront: The Waterfront BIA has put together a list of lakeside activities, from an art exhibit fundraiser for Ukraine, to camp at the Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre. The Neighbourhood Centre camps run from March 14 to 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
5) SpringFest TO: This March break event is held on the Markham Fairgrounds. There are different rides like the maze and ferris wheel, along with activities like the dinosaur exhibit, a show involving live birds of prey, and an interactive dance party. 90 per cent of the event is indoors, and there’s free parking on-site with paid admission. SpringFest runs from March 12 to 20, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Adult admission starts at $15, children start at $25.
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful March Break!
Info courtesy of: Ashleigh-Rae Thomas
Click here for full article https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/03/11/here-are-10-family-friendly-things-you-can-do-this-march-break.html